How members get their veg
There are two ways in which members of FlintShare “purchase” their veg. They can be part of either, both or neither scheme.
1. Veg Share
This is for members of the CSA scheme. They agree to pay a regular amount each month and in return they get an equal share of the veg that is produced by the professional growers. VegSharers also contribute a small amount of labour each month.
2. Veg account
All members can, if they wish, run a veg account. This allows them to “buy” veg that is produced in the Community gardens.
• You get an initial credit of £3 when you join FlintShare. If you then decide to use the account you pay £25.00 into FlintShare.
• If you work on the Community Garden sites your labour is credited to your Veg account at the equivalent to 1lb spuds per hour. This ”Veg for labour” is NOT payment for labour. It is simply recognition of the valuable time element contributed by members.
• You then take your veg from any site Help with this is available. Take a bag or container to put it in.
• You weigh your veg either on site or at home and send in the details.
•Your account is then reduced by the value of the veg.
• As your account nears £5.00 you will get an email asking you to top it back up with either cash or labour.
This system means we don’t have to deal with money on the sites.
Veg for Labour
How it works…
1. Open your veg account (see above)
2. For each full hour of labour logged your account is increased by equivalent to 1lb spuds per hour (currently 50p).
Each site may have a different method of logging your hours. Contact the relevant site committee for more info. Contact details in your membership pack or email email@example.com
3. For EACH ACTIVE ROLE you serve within FlintShare 2 hours per month (£1) will be added to your account.
This role could be as a committee member or in another capacity such as bee keeper or procurement.
You claim the allowance for ALL the roles you play so, for example, if you are on the core group and a site committee and are a bee keeper you claim 3 times.
Your allowance is added to your account each month.
4. Your account balance is emailed or posted to you at regular intervals.
5. As your account approaches £0.00 you can top it up with either labour, money or both.
6. After the initial £25 the amount of money top up is up to you but we suggest a minimum of £10.00 to reduce administration.
8. Prices and allowances may change at any time.
9. The veg account balance has NO CASH VALUE. It is only redeemable against veg.